Wednesday 1 February 2023

Woyww

 Happy What's on your workdesk Wednesday. On my desk this week are my old allotment jeans! Massive holes in the knees and bum that have been patched at least 2 if not 3 times so i think they need to go (even if just in the name of decency and not flashing other plot holders!!). However, i have in the past made an apron and storage pots from old demin so i am thinking of what i can salvage until i read that old denim is also good for cleaning rags for tools, so am now thinking allotment rags! 

The man bites dog cards aren't great this week, but it goes like that some weeks, all in the luck of the draw. 

After mentioning last week i have been doing the free wednesday online drawing class with Emilys notebook i thought i would share what i have been drawing.


Week one (for me) was dogs-this didn't sit well with me, but it looks like a dog so was chuffed with that.



the 2nd session was landscapes, i preferred the 2nd on, i added colour with inktense pencils (love these pencils).


This was an apple, but i think it looks more like a tomato!! 


And last weeks was a pair of trainers, quite like how these turned out. 

Not done anything like this before (i do urban sketchers but never an actual class) and been enjoying them. Quite like the look of some of her online paid classes too.

Anyway, what's on your workdesk? 

Kyla 

10 comments:

  1. You are always hard on your self. If I did a dog it would look less like one than yours, and your apple is certainly beautifully shaded. Maybe slightly on the tomato-red side but still a great sketch. Always love to see your work as it is so far out of my comfort zone I would be unlikely to try. And I see improvement over the years so you are on the right track :)
    Happy WOYWW Early for a change!
    Mary Anne (?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! your artworks are good. I realised that my art teacher was correct and I cannot draw!! I can do other things so I'm not too upset . . .
    jeans . . you're spoilt for choice there . . interested to see how they turn out.
    have a good week
    Christine #12

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing well with your course. I think it looks like an apple, a cox’s orange pippen perhaps. Have a great week. Angela #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, old shirts and denims make good rags. You look like you’ve made good use of those jeans! Your drawings are excellent; drawing what you see, rather than what you think they should look like is a real talent.
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 14

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the dog very much, you can sense it bounding around! Well done on keeping up with the challenges, I do admire folk who stick with things, I’m rubbish at it, lol!! Those jeans look like an art installation, if Tracy Emin can get away with her bed, you can do a piece on gardening!
    Hugs LLJ 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well your sketching is way better than what I'd manage all look fab to me. Have a great week Helen #6

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving your sketching especiaslly the tomato!. I'm sure you'll find a use for the jeans. My ones that I wear for dog walking have holes in the knees but that is quite fashionable at the moment so I shall continue to wear them, Hee! Hee! Sending hugs and wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on keeping up with your drawing. enjoy the journey. love your thoughtful reuse of old jeans. Robyn 19

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the landscapes and I prefer the 1st one, so we are all different aren't we. Hugs BJ#4

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good grief, if it was greener it would look even more like an apple than it does now, you’re being very self critical missus. I’m not surprised that denim makes good rags, what’s left of those jeans must be baby soft and useful by now!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment