Wednesday 11 January 2023

WOYWW

 Hello and guess What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday??!!!  Crafting!!!!!!!   I know, hope you were sat down for that!  It's because I have a day off today and pre planned to get up and craft, even if only for an hr or so.


So, I tend to have a habit that I try to make 15-20 Christmas cards in January each year, I find it takes the pressure off me in November and December.  Not made any yet, BUT, I am gathering the papers etc.  I tend to cut up and upcycle some bits of cards we receive as well as stamped images and die cuts and I keep them all in one box so I can store them in one place (by store, I mean sweep my arm across my desk when fed up and throw them in there out of sight!!).  If I can make half a dozen by the end of the weekend I will be chuffed.  If not, no worries.

Also on my desk, at the back is a red notebook.  On there are a couple sketches of dogs, not great, but fun to do.  I discovered Emilysnotebook.co.uk where she offers free live online sketching workshops 19:00 Wednesdays!  So last Wednesday was my first one, and yep, hooked so I plan on doing more!

My "man bites dog" cards this week are "Cruel Singer Tricks Fans" - ooooh, I wonder who that is!

So,  What's on Your Workdesk this Wednesday?  

Kyla


15 comments:

  1. You’ve done a good bit of organising there! I do the same with the Christmas cards in January and then it’s done for the year with a sense of smugness, lol!
    Hugs LLJ 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first year of making Christmas cards in January and I have loved it . . . who knew making Christmas cards could be so much fun. I put it down to there being no pressure.
    Thanks for sharing the link to Emily's blog. It looks interesting and I do love sketching, not that I'm any good, but it is all about the pleasure we get from doing it, right?
    Emilysnotebook.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try and make Christmas cards all year to relieve the pressure at the end of the year. Thanks for the link too - it looks interesting!
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #6

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I had a small stash of a few Xmas cards from last year (all of us being ill we had no drop-ins, nor did we pop round to anyone else so had a pile o' spares) and I found I needed one today. Could I find them? I could not. I just hope I unearth them before next year. Might make a few myself, now you've mentioned it... :D
    HAPPY WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (10)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Christmas card - Do It Now mentality for January. I applaud you. BJ#2

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have 1/2 of Christmas decor up....hoping he will help me put away the Nativities this weekend, as with this rib issue moving left arm is not good. He did have an elastic support and it fits and helping a lot. Thanks for the info on sketching class I have always wanted to do that, even if it is small items. Have a great week and Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the papers and patterns you have put together for your cards... I can't remotely contemplate Christmas cards in January but well done you! Happy WOYWW. Take care of yourself, with love & God Bless, Caro x (#12)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting organised is always a good start Kyla. The online workshop sounds fun - enjoy this evening's. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. the only danger with making them ahead is putting them somewhere until needed... and then not remembering where. Well that's my excuse. Well done if you can though. Happy WOYWW Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think January is a good time to make Christmas cards as you are still in that frame of mind. I have done what will probably be the start of next years cards but then got distracted but at least I have an idea. Hope you saw my message about the stamps you asked about. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well look at you getting up with intent on a day off! I think I’m often more in the mood to make Christmas cards after Christmas than before, lack of pressure or inspiration from the season? I dunno, but you’re right, no worries if you don’t, but greatly helpful if you do! Hope you continue to enjoy your Wednesday blog sketching, feels so much less contrived when you aren’t doing it alone, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well hello you crafter you!! I haven't even thought about sorting the 2022 Christmas cards yet, I am sure I will find a few that can be 'upcycled' or the odd pretty that I can salvage. Must get to that job soon if only just to make space. Like your little doggy drawing, good luck with the tutorial. MBD actualy makes sense this week!! Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindy xx #8

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have just finished putting my Christmas craft stuff away. I want to concentrate on my sketching and painting; and collages; Gelli printing; stamping; stencilling 🤣🤣. Angela #18

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment