Wednesday 8 June 2022

WOYWW

Happy What's on your workdesk Wednesday!  So, on my desk this week is STILL my journal to be finished for June (yes, I know....I will finish it this week honest!) and my bullet journal needs the june page constructing (I will do this later after work).

Not much else has changed on the desk (as is the way this time of year as the allotments keep me super busy outside of work).  My "man bites dog" cards actually make sense this week though! "Psychic tricks crazy lawyer!"


 

Thought I would share some photos from the jubilee weekend, we were lucky enough in the next village (about 20 mins walk from ours) to have the flypast of the Hurricane, Spitfire and  Lancaster planes and they circled overhead twice!

there was also some old buses being used to ferry people to a local parking area (we are lucky that we have a steam railway at the end of our estate so often see vintage vehicles around here)


and this is what my crafting in the past couple of weeks have been-first double batch of this years elderflower cordial made and bottled


and 14 jars of rhubarb chutney made (last year I made 42 jars of jams and chutneys, not to mention dried herbs, pickled nasturtium seeds, wild garlic salts, elderberry brandy and sloe gins) so that is this years harvesting off to a good start


I thought I would also share with you a recent urban sketch i did manage to do, sat on the seafront of sidmouth sketching buskers.



So, What's on your workdesk this wednesday?

kyla

13 comments:

  1. Great photos, busy busy girl ! I love the homemade jams/jellies, Not many make chutney here. Elderberry is really good for people also I love fly overs and I really love the sketch you made. Awesome ! Enjoy a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goood morning Kyla 🤗 what a gorgeous part of the world you live in and so near to it all ... loving the vintage bus! You have been busy 💕⭐ adore Elderflower cordial 😋yaaay for the chutney making ... rhubarb jam making will be happening here soon .. never tried the rhubarb chutney,might have a wee go 😉 thank you for the idea. Toooo that sketch ... truly stunning in every way,a moment captured ...looooove it ⭐ Wishing you a beautiful week ahead in all you do, happy allotment time with love and hugs Tracy #11 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeesh - elderflower cordial! I used to quite like it but now, too much sugar for me. ALL the jellies and chutneys are the same. Ah well, it will give you the energy for your journal and sketching :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done way more than me ! Love the allotment updates. Re the kew student beds, you can't get to them at present as they're redoing the veg beds but that should be finished soon have a good week Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've had a great week and the sketch you did of the buskers is brilliant, love it. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder you have put your desk and journals on the back burner. You have made lots of things to eat and drink. I loved the Man Bites Dog this time. You are right that it makes sense.

    Glad you got to see part of the flyover in person. It was one of the few events we got to see here in the states.

    I wanted to let everyone know, I am the most unlucky person on WOYWW today. After linking, I was kicked offline due to an electricity outage. When it came back on, I saw my entire city is now required to boil water for the next 24 hours due to a water break. I wanted to quickly explain so everyone didn't think I had forgotten to visit. Storms still raging overhead, so I am copying and pasting this message in case I get caught offline again. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My word, your harvesting seems to come round quicker and quicker to me! Elderflower cordial looks great. I presume that you gift and swap a lot of your jars, otherwise you must have a store cupboard fit to feed the street! The cards are spooky this week, I am currently reading a book that could have this as a sort of byline in one chapter! Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fab photos and an abundance from the allotment Kyla. Loving the sketch on the sea front too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see what’s keeping you busy, I do love home made chutney and cordial, yum! Your sketch of the buskers is fab, you can feel the music coming across!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a super sketch!
    I am very impressed withvyour chutney and cordial. Used to do lots of chutneys, jams and pickles when we had the allotment in the UK. Miss it all now that we are in Australia.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #16

    ReplyDelete
  11. No wonder you do not get much time to craft, with my late hubby we used to make things like you and loved sloe gin and elderflower cordial, Love the sketch of the buskers.
    Take care and stay safe Lilian B #17

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so busy!! Sadly our planned flyover (we are near Northolt Airport so usually get something on these occasions!!) was cancelled due to bad weather. We did see a few fighters go over but quite high. I just love your musician sketch! So clever, a really energetic and vibrant piece. Have a good week, love n hugs, Cindy #22

    ReplyDelete
  13. Minimal comments as I wrenched my back :(
    so I am late AGAIN…
    Lovely sketch - you are so talented. And the cordial and chutneys. WOW. I have always been too scared to can lest I poison my whole family Lol! Loving all the Jubilee celebrations, and enjoying them vicariously.

    Happy WOYWW
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment