Wednesday 1 July 2020

WOYWW

So, hump day and that means What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday where we share our desks thanks to the lovely queen of desks Julia here  and it is also the reason some of us know it is a Wednesday in these strange times!!

So, on my desk this week, dont be too shocked, some crafting!  I know, go me!!  I admit I have a couple half days off work in the past week so I was able (between the garden and allotment) to get some crafting done.  Not much I admit, but its a start and does use up some more stash so that can only be a good thing to be honest!  As well as a couple of handbag cards (I think I may have bought the card blanks at a WOYWW crop years ago and still have about 4 or so I haven't used so thought I could use some of the bigger pieces from my off cuts box up.

Also is a sketch of a lady picking lavender that was cut out of a calendar from last year (tell me I am not the only one who reuses/upcycles calendars etc to make cards/tags etc and it seemed fitting since I have just started cutting this years crop from my front garden ready for drying.

My "man bites dog" cards this week are 'Lost Blonde Blames Brave Nude'!!  Well, considering some of the scenes we have seen in Weston Super Mare and Bournemouth over the past week I could imagine this as an actual headline!

Happy crafting
Kyla

13 comments:

  1. well done on crafting and using stash! I had (will still have somewhere) those handbag card blanks! Mine weren't as pretty as yours though. Have a good week. stay safe Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coining a new acronym - INUITS - ie It's No Use In The Stash! I am on a mission to use up all the fabric and yarn in the JanCave wardrobe. I', pleased that you managed to get some crafting done as you seem to have been ultra busy recently.
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kyla. You are not the only one... I use all sorts like calendars and cards to remake things! Julia really started something didn't she... we all have stuff stashed away, and it's so good to get some of it out and start using it. Well done you! I love those handbag cards!
    Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww those handbag cards are lovely !! . Have a lovely week. Soojay #14

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for crafting! And yay for finding you on IG (I'm slow Burning Flame on my slow living side). I'm wondering if I can recreate some handbag card blanks on the Silhouette now... Have a lovely week, Lisa-Jane #15

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello lovely!

    Surprise, surprise - tis me!

    Your Man Bites Dog cards are actually fairly apt. A sunbather on a nudist beach last week, or week before, in Cornwall actually rescued four children from the sea where they'd got caught in a rip. Bless her, she just dived in to help out forgetting she was topless.... LOL

    I'm trying to stash bust a bit as well, but with the needlework and using existing fabric to make masks rather than buy new...

    Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those handbag cards are brilliant, love them. Interesting Man bites dog today too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x20x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous shape those handbag cards, lovely to receive a card other than the traditional shape. I'm amazed that you are able to cut your lavender so early, mine is no where near ready for cutting, I let the Butterflies and Bee's feast on it throughout the Summer then cut it all down in huge batches. I'm still making my way through years 2018 and it still smells just as sweet. Happy WoywW Tracey #8

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to make the handbag cards - I think I might have to try some shapes on my Cricut.
    Like the Man Bites Dog quote...
    Happy woyww!
    Susan #12

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the papers you have used on those handbag cards - gorgeously retro! That's a lot of lavender - I'm not sure there's that much on my three bushes, and such a lovely colour. Stay Safe, stay well, Cindy #27

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, I also cut up cards and calendars for reuse Kyla. Beautiful lavender, I can smell it from here lol. Stay safe and Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  12. The handbag cards are really fun, Kyla! I do try to recycle stuff for art, but it's usually junk material rather than pictures - we don't tend to get calendars and I don't have magazines. Perhaps I should raid my hubby's old metal detecting magazines because they have pictures of lovely artefacts that people have found... I obviously need to do more thinking outside the box!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #7

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment