Wednesday 17 August 2016

WOYWW


Time to 'fess up.  This is not my desk and the photo was taken a couple of days ago.  Work is crazy so I had to schedule this.

I recently came back from holiday to find a lovely card and ATC from fellow WOYWWer Scrapbook Lynne, all the way from Canada.  How lovely is this?  The ATC is in my ATC holder and the card is on display in my craft room. Thanks Lynne they are lovely.


Crafting this time of year usually involves lots of foraging so my desk during August and September is often my kitchen!

My walk this week came back with Sloes (a little early but I left it too late last year and the birds stripped them all) which will be put in the freezer for my sloe gin later in the year.  I have frozen half the blackberries for later in the year and the other half have been made into a diet friendly 'jam' (cooked down and sugar free jelly crystals added, testing the setting point as usual-needs to be kept in the fridge and only last about 4 weeks but sugar free!!).

The plums are being eating as sweets and also taken into work to feed the team!!!

So there you are, my temporary desk (sorry no Man Bites Dog cards this week I forgot!!).

Happy WOYWW

Kyla

9 comments:

  1. I'll live without a MBD card, don't worry! Loving the result of your forages, the blackberries here are fantastic this year..the jelly crystals as jam sounds such a good idea, will have to try.
    Beautiful work from Lynne, love the saying in the ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyla, blackberries seem abundant this year, seeing loads everywhere. Love the card & ATC, beautiful. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The harvest looks great, Kyla. Yes, it does seem to be a good year for blackberries - lots of friends are commenting on them. Can't eat any of it myself - allergic :-( Love the card and ATC.
    t
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #6

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crafting, but I love foodies just as well!! I love berries and have wanted bushes in my yard forever...just havent taken the time to plant! They look good! :) Blessings for the rest of the week! :) Felicia, #42

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw my first hedgerow with ripe blackberries on Monday so we will be out there on Friday with our basins and bowls!!!!
    That's a good selection you have collected, especially the plums. Well done.
    Have a good week and take care
    Christine
    aka Bishopsmate #40

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous ATC you have there, lovely to have the card on display to remember this by too. Lea 49

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet ATC and a lovely card!
    Fall is early here in Sweden so we do
    get all the berries and mushrooms now.
    Yummie! :)

    Have a nice week!
    SusanLotus nr 20 WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card & ATC. Blackberry's...yummy
    Hugs,
    Chris P #25

    ReplyDelete
  9. the atc and card from Lynne are great! I envy you the results (though not the making) of the sloe gin later.. well done on such free bounty! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment