Monday 20 January 2014

You are my sunshine

 Hello peeps, so this is the show and tell of the final Christmas pressie that I made.

This is the present that I made for my Nan.  She is 89 (90 in a couple of months) and lives in New Zealand.  I had NO idea what I could get Nan for Christmas then I remembered I had painted a piece of fabric with a lovely sunny design but had no idea what to do with it.

So I decided to do some free machine embroidery-I got a bit carried away and ended up embroidering over most of it!


 I used a variety of stitches and then backed the piece with felt and machine stitched a border all the way round.
 

I did a bit of hand stitching too and then added a couple of rings on the back and some ribbon.  That way Nan can either hang it on the wall or use it as a place mat on her bedside table.

Now I just need to think what I can make for her birthday in March!!!

Happy crafting

Kyla
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment