At the start of the Easter break I went round to my friends place (who is SO much more experienced than I in sewing stuff) and decided to have a go at making a lined skirt (gulp!!)
I made a rooky mistake....I bought the amount of fabric it said on the pattern!! I was soon shown how to get more out of my fabric and I now have enough to make 2 skirts!!!
About 4 hrs later I had a lined skirt, complete with a nice and tidy zip (unlike a skirt I made a couple of years ago where the zip was at an angle and sticking out of the top of the skirt!!) .
Ta da!! My own skirt.....daisy's with pink, yellow and pink splatters on a black background. A fraction of the cost if I bought one (a big thanks to my friend...she made it SO much easier)
Now, I just need to try and make one on my own (gulp again!!)