Sunday 13 November 2011

Vodka and Lavender...now there's and odd mix

Now, things haven't taken a turn for the worse.....a couple of days away from the office has not turned me to drink....this is my latest creation!

After a fab holiday in Majorca last month I became hooked on the local hooch called Tunel.  Now this green alcoholic digestive was delicious so I thought I would have a go at making some.

I have filled the bottles with fennel stalks and greenery and in a few weeks time I plan to add some sugar.....I have no recipe and not much clue....I'll let you know how I get on!


In order to make the most of my day off I made lots of lavender hearts filled with stuffing and a generous handful of dried lavender from my garden.  They are meant to be quick to make, but this little lot took me the best part of the day!  I didn't realise I was THAT slow on the machine!!



They are so sweet though, and I added a ribbon loop to hang them with a vintage button and a lovely piece of 'I love handmade' ribbon stitched on the back.

These are going to be included on the Christmas craft stall the coven are doing in December, and if they don't sell.....well pressies for family and friends and the rest will get put to use in my wardrobe!

I have also picked some sloe's this weekend, so I am off to start the sloe gin (I don't have a problem...honest!!).

Happy crafting

Li'l Pidge xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment