Tuesday 4 January 2011

I know, I have been rubbish

What can I say? I could say I've been ultra busy at work, working ridiculous hours. I could say I have not been feeling too great. I could say I have not had much time to craft let alone blog. I could even say I have been curled up on the sofa whilst the snow falls....wondering why the hell the boiler decided to play silly beggars on Boxing Day and stop giving us hot water.

I could say all of these....and they would all be right, basically life has been taking over, as it often does when its Christmas, you try to make your cards and presents and then the sky decides to deposit a ton of snow which lasts for a couple of weeks!! But that is no excuse for not updating my blog and taking part in the challenges I started to really enjoy back in the Autumn (which seems SO long ago now).

So, my new years resolution is to blog more.....(I'm hoping its easier than giving up alcohol!)

Starting as I mean to go on....

I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to make everyone a handcrafted gift, so to make up I tarted up shop bought goodies with homemade tags.


I spritzed and stamped some background papers, using stamps and sequin waste and then added a seasonal ribbon across the length. Next I added gold mesh material and pink organza and heated these briefly with a heat gun to shrink and distress it.

Next I ironed a sheet of multiple coloured Angelina fibres which I then tore into pieces, gluing to the tag, along with some punched green foliage and a tag backed with card coloured with alcohol inks. I finally threaded through some frilly fibres and added a button. The whole lot was secured with a hot glue gun (I get through so many glue sticks I think the local hardware shop may be thinking I have a problem!).

Hopefully the recipients liked them. I certainly did.

Happy crafting
Li'l Pidge x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment