Monday 9 June 2008

The sun is shining and I'm feeling inspired

This weekend me and my fabulous husband, Lee, went down to Devon for the Contemporary Craft Fair at Bovey Tracey organised by the Devon Guild of Craftsmen. Over 160 exhibitors and workshops set in the wonderful Devon countryside.


There were some amazing pieces for sale, and after watching a demo on felting I decided to have a go at it this evening, whilst the sun was shining - so off I went into the garden with my bamboo place mat from the dining room( it was all I had to roll the felt in!), wool, kettle and detergent (goodness knows what the neighbours must have thought I was up to!).
I was surprised how few steps there were to turn the wool into felt - I have no idea what I am going to use it for, but I am sure I will think of something and I will definitely have another go.
I also had a go at using alcohol inks, not sure if I am a fan of the effect yet, early days. But I will finish the project off over the next week and post the results - let me know what you think.
So many new techniques to try, so few hours in a day.
Hapy crafting
Li'l Pidge

1 comment:

  1. LOL ... keep the neighbours guessing. Well done for trying something new.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment