Wednesday 26 April 2023

Woyww

Hump day so that means sharing our desks and look, stuff!! Can't remember the last time I used embossing powder!! Rather than stress about doing a theme for the atc's i just thought i would use what i had to hand. Only probably making 4, but hopefully they will be finished in time. 


Also on my desk is my sketchbook, last wednesday evening i did another online sketch class from Emilys notebook and it was sketching farm animals. I dragged the book out yesterday ready for this evenings class. They are great, one hr a week, on a wednesday for free. 

Here are a couple of other makes recently too, below is my first dandelion 'hunney' of the year. It makes a lovely fake honey like syrup with such a fragrant taste and scent.

Also, this time of year is ransoms aka wild garlic season and about 15 mins walk from my house is a great off road huge patch so i can go and pick a few times across the season. I have dehydrated 2 containers worth and am making a couple jars of wild garlic salt. That will be enough to see us through the year and adds a lovely hint of garlic. 

Soon i plan on starting this years chutney  and jam making sessions as the rhubarb is starting to sprout freely, i have already frozen some rhubarb so chutney making is calling for the next batch.

So, what's on your workdesk Wednesday?

Kyla

12 comments:

  1. Happy WOYWW Kyla! the student veg beds were open on Saturday at Kew, they're starting to get them planted up. Still no wild garlic along the woodland walk though yet... odd! Enjoy your sketching hour later. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I've seen many of the dandelion honey videos and always wondered. I look forward to seeing all of your cooking and jam-making and the lovely results. Clever you! Also, that duck sketch is super cute - love it.
    Happy WOYWW (back to being on time!)
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're busy here today. I love rhubarb but not had much luck growing it here. well done in getting started with the ATCs too. Have a lovely creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is loads of wild garlic near us and your salt idea is very clever as a little goes a long way! I bet that dandelion syrup is full of good things, they get a bad press normally and are really useful herbal medicines.
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have wild garlic growing on the other side of our pond . . . never thought to cull some but that salt sounds good . . . may have to get the clippers out!!
    Enjoy the jam making, I add a touch of ginger to mine.
    Have a good week
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hellooo Kyla ... loving your post today with your sketches and I'd never heard of dandelion hunney until now ... I'm going tooo Google 😊😘😍 we get so many out the front.. sadly haven't came across any wild garlic ... you're such an inspiration ⭐️ happppy jam making. Sending love and hugs Tracy #12 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kyla,
    Hole park gardens had lots of wild garlic last week, as well as bluebells, but I don’t suppose they’d have welcomed us picking any. Wild garlic salt sounds wonderful. I love your goose drawing. Enjoy your jam and chutney making

    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 17

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I'm impressed! I have never heard of dandelion honey. Our dandelions aren't even up yet. Nor do I know what wild garlic looks like, much else making garlic salt from it! You are like a wild woman! I do love rhubarb, but I don't have any, I have pay a lot for it at the farmer's market if I want some :-( . Oh well...have a wonderful week! Lindart #23

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the hedgerow makes Kyla. I am probably only making one ATC so you still beat me. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. We’ll get you with the embossing powder! Blimey, it’s been aeons! You could always sketch on ATCs, your sketch art is after all, what most WOYWWERS know you for! having said all that, it’s so good a form of eye candy to see stamps and emb powder on your desk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My granddaughter loves making things from nature. Could I have your recipe for dandelion “hunney” please. Wonder how many of us have lots of embossing powder not being used- I wonder what else can you used it for? Have a great week. Angela #16

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to be sooo late but time just took off this week and I'm never sure where I am! Dandelion honey,, hmmm not sure of that one! Love your sketches, I'm starting on something new too, but at the moment I'm not home for another week! Have a great week, Happy late woyww ((Lyn)) #22

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment