Wednesday 27 July 2022

WOYWW

 Only a quick update, this was actually Tuesday evening and i tried updating via my phone so fingers crossed this works! Got really early meetings this morning so thought it best to capture my desk last night. As you can see its my allotment again (well one of them). I was lucky to finish worķ early so i could spend a couple hours on the plot, and lovely it was too.



I even remembered my Man Bites Dog cards! Luckily there was  no one else on the site so no funny looks! 


Squashes are finally taking off (i do grow a LOT of them, hence i was SO pleased after 2 yrs of waiting i got my 2nd plot as i get through at least 1 squash a week a year so growing and storing as many as i can saves me a lot of money). 


Beans, beetroot, sweetcorn, salads and sweetpeas doing well too.

And this is tonight's harvest, courgettes, potatoes, gooseberries, blackberries, edible flowers and nasturtium pods (which i will pickle as they taste like capers). Alreadý got a load of salad and radish at home from yesterday so that will keep me going for a few days.



So that's sort of my workdesk! 
Kyla 



8 comments:

  1. Such a great harvest Kyla and your plots look very productive. Enjoy the cooler weather. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #17

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! My garden is not farting so well this year, Have a great week, Ginny M

    ReplyDelete
  3. your allotments are really yielding results, I bet you're glad it's not as hot for the watering duties! Have a fab week Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing what you're up to in the allotment but the 'Man Bites Dog' now what is that all about Lol! Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Minimal comments as I wrenched my back :( and hopped up on painkillers
    so I am late AGAIN…and commented on some random post already as well! DOH!

    Loving more allotment photos. You obviously have a green thumb (mine is BLACK) so you will have salads till fall I suspect.

    Happy WOYWW
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and hopefully salads through the winter too (I usually do an overwintering salad bed) kyla

      Delete
  6. Wonderful harvest Kyla, worth all the after work hours, huh. And to be honest, if every allotmenteer were there, I don’t think they’d turn a hare at you spreading cards out to photograph, bet you do far more unusual things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, yes, that is SO true!! Kyla

      Delete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment