Wednesday 25 August 2021

WOYWW

Morning all, having to start with an apology again as this is not my desk and I haven't done all my re visits.  Basically long story short 2 weeks ago I woke up with trapped nerves in my spine, add that to my torn rotator cuff and RA and that equates to quite a lot of pain 24/7.  Sadly my meds reacted and to avoid hospital I had to cancel our summer holiday and have had the amazing district nurses visit a couple times a day.  Slowly on the mend and sure it will keep improving but it means everything from work, allotment, life is taking a LOT longer (especially as its painful to type).  

But to be able to still take part I thought I would share my latest makes from just before this happened.

 

Yep, yet more Courgette and Ginger Jam (seriously I have now run out of jam jars I have made so much!)  I am thinking I may dehydrate some courgette slices into crisps, its going to be a few more weeks looking at the plants that we will be picking these, both green and yellow!


I have also made another couple of jars of pickled nasturtium seeds.  I must not make as many as last year as I ended up with SO many jars that I have been eating them in my salad every lunchtime!


So only a quick update and no Man Bites Dog cards this week but looking forward to seeing what's on your workdesks this Wednesday

kyla


10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your health issues trashed your holiday plans. I hope you feel well enough to go away on holiday very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sorry to hear that you have been in so much pain and that you had to cancel your holiday Kyla. Hope things are better soon! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awful but pleased you decided to join in today. What a shame having to miss your holiday. Hope things get much better soon. Sending gentle hugs. Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! So sad you had to cancel your holiday. But hving had a bad bout of repeated back pain events recently I know how awful it is when you have to push on and you feel like crap, in pain and nothing helps. Hope you are soon feeling better. I did no MBD this week either cause I found a new set that I thought might be fun.

    Happy WOYWW, getting back to it
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh! Hope you're feeling better soon, it's so tiring being in pain.
    Love the idea about courgette and ginger jam . . . . not sure about pickle nasturtium seeds . .
    Christine #14

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been so poorly and hope that the pain is lessening. Sending hugs to you. I’m smiled when I hear about the courgettes, that’s the very reason why I don’t grow them!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Kyla, what a shame that you are in so much pain and had to cancel your holiday. Hope the pain gets better soon. Take care. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kyla, I'm so sorry to hear of your health problems, and that it was so bad that you had to cancel your holiday. I do hope you are now feeling a lot better and on the road to recovery. Pain is so debilitating... Your preserving is amazing. I've not heard of anyone eating pickled nasturtium seeds before. Are they lovely and tasty?

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #11

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear that you had to cancel your holiday due to your pain and health issues. Praying that things are improving for you. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear of your health issues. Hope you will improve soon...
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #5
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment