Sunday 11 January 2015

A couple more presents

Hello peeps, so I can finally show you some more items that I have made.

These items were made for my Mum's birthday (which was yesterday-Happy Birthday Mum!) so I had to wait to share them.

As you know, I have been making bags during the later half of last year and in the run up to Christmas this was one of the bags I made.  Pale greens and turquoise are my Mum's colours so when I sorted through my fabric stash I knew just who I needed to make one for.

 The bags are all the same pattern, but this one was slightly bigger so that you could fit knitting and a book in it, ideal for mum.

 I lined it with some cotton fabric and the bag is once again made using fusible fleece so it has some structure to it.

The other gift I made her was back in the summer when I did my Glass Fusing course with my friend Val.  It was a great day and I made coasters, necklace pendants, keyrings and this, my very first sun catcher to hang in the window.

Across the top is a tubing of glass so that you can feed some thread through to hang it up and the sand coloured glass between the waves is frit, which is a very fine ground multi coloured glass.

I really enjoyed the class and one I will definitely do again this year (ready to make Christmas presents for next year I was thinking!).

Happy crafting

Kyla
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment