It suddenly dawned on me that I have not made any cards recently (picture the scene, I go to my card drawer and its almost bare....then I have the realisation that I may need to buy one!!! Now, I don't know about you, but when I stand in somewhere like WH Smiths and find a nice card then find out it is £4.99.....nearly a fiver!!! I look at it and realise I can make it SO much cheaper and nicer....so I put it back (usually with a vocalised hurrumph) and trudge home hell bent on not letting my card stash get so low again!).
I decided to "theme" my cards either by colour or subject. I am hoping that I can make a few cards with the same colour or subject and they will all look different but it means that I will be able to use the same tools, papers etc rather than rummaging through a ton of stash and only using a small amount and then having to spend longer putting it all away than I took to make the card! So I set myself the challenge of "Sewing".
This card is made using some homemade "cloth paper" that I had in my snippets box for AGES and the TH dress form die (I really do love this die, its so deep I can cut leather, cork etc, simply marvellous).
Its a nice clean card. Unlike the next one when I decided to throw everything at it and see what happens!
This one is much more vintage in feeling. The small fabric padded patch is actually a small scrap of fabric from my friends scrap bin!! It was too cute to throw away so I edged it on to some quilt batting and zig zagged about it. I added a homemade thread holder and stuck on a button and voila ...another card!
Now I need to face the music and make some male themed cards!! Oh dear, I fear that will not be as easy!