Sunday 14 July 2013

Crikey Gromit its Mail Art

 Hello peeps, how have you all been keeping?  It's blooming gorgeous here in the UK...fingers crossed it lasts through July, August and September (I don't ask for much do I!).

I don't know about you, but staying indoors in this weather is too difficult...the draw of the sun means I keep moving my craft space outside.  This does mean the paper crafting is limited (after a breeze had me skipping across the garden trying to retrieve my papers!) so I tend to stick to painting (much more outdoor friendly and easier to clean up!

This is my latest mail art which I have sent to my Aunt in NZ as her birthday card.

Both the stamps are free ones from Craft Stamper and I watercoloured the background (the colour didn't come out too well in the photo) and created a mask so I could over stamp the flowers-nice and cheerful I thought.

The sunny weather also coincides with the Gromit Unleashed trail in Bristol.  80 Gromits around the city, so today we set off to see if we could find some.



We managed to find about 20 so far (all on foot and public transport), they are here all summer so hopefully I will get plenty of opportunity to find a few more.

Right, I am typing this in the garden so I think a chilled cider and the Sunday papers are now calling my name.  

Happy crafting

Kyla
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment