Tuesday 29 December 2009

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Wow, Santa was very generous this year and I have lots of new crafting goodies to experiment with (boy, am I going to get in a mess!). I can finally publish some of the items I have made for people for their pressies (now that they have opened them). Here are just some of them....

This is an altered book I made for my mum which contained a necklace and ear rings that I made. I carved the book out to create a recessed area to hold the jewelry.

I also embroidered some serviettes for my sister-in-law as they have recently moved into a new home, I love the retro feel of the flamingo, she is a great baker, hence the cake, they have an aquariam, hence the fish and the love birds are because they were married last year...ahhhh...

This is a necklace I made for my Nan, all the way over in New Zealand, it's made from serpentine and is long enough so that she can slip it over her head, but also has a lobster clasp so that she can make it into a double shorter neckalce should she wish.


This is a bag I made for my mum with a removable brooch, its lined and has a magnetic clasp inside to keep it a bit more secure (I'm not too good at working out how to insert zips yet!) and is made the fabric (blue and butter cream spots) from the 2 skirts I have already made her (I have a few more in the nest that I need to crack on and make).

And finally, my multi-cultural snow people!! .......

Seasons Greetings.
Li'l Pidge x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment