I know you shouldn't open a statement with an apology, but rules are made to be broken aren't they? So, sorry, I have been really pants with updating this-the weather has been too nice to sit in front of the computer. But I'll make up for it (honest guv).
So, what's been going on then in the world of Li'l Pidge? Well, I have been stretching my wings and flying south for a bit. I took my new bag that I made with some of the material my friend Jill bought for my birthday on my new machine (which you will be pleased to know is still alive). I made a lining:
and included a small pocket with a little label and a magnetic clasp
and then made the cover, added a handle and then some of the lovely material on the covering flap:
I am SO proud!! I have been parading it up and down, and took it around on a quick tour of Devon (where we saw a great gargoyle)
and possibly the maddest scarecrow EVER (just check out the eyes!):
Back on the crafting front, I made a pair of gloves out of some bits of wool I had (dont look too close or you will notice a couple of holes that lead to no-where!):
They even have sparkly white glittery wool in them-a little scratchy, but sparkly, so its worth it. I am knitting a matching skinny scarf at the moment-I know, I should knit something summery, but I can only do a few basic stitches and this is my first attempt at switching wool (thanks mum for the instructions) so increasing and decreasing (and not creating holes that shouldnt be there) will have to be my next lesson!.
The postie brought my latest ATC swap from the CB Forum (who again published a photo of my tag book on their e-newsletter-gosh! I am so chuffed),
The ducks ATC was from Crafty Kayleigh 85 and the elephant from Purple pixie - how cute are they? The theme in March was of course "BBQ wild foraging stylee", (joke! I am a veggie of nearly 20 years!) it was of course Animals.
This is one of the latest cards I have made with my new Crafty Individual Stamp of the trees. I coloured it with distressed ink using a makeup sponge, then distressed the edges, tearing and sanding it down, then inked a dark brown around it image.
I mounted this on patterned paper then attached stamped acetate and attached with brads to get over the problem of seeing glue/tape through the acetate
I have also been experimenting with another new stamp from Crafty Individuals (loving their angel policy) and some mica powders, in dark and pale colours:
and a bit of grungy/rockabilly influenced red and black card:
So, that's most of the catch-up, and the new series of CSI is calling-so time to fly off.
Take care peeps, and happy crafting.