Sunday 26 October 2008

Veggie, Glass and Crafting, phew what a day

Evening all, well we got an hour extra today as the clocks went back an hour, and a good thing too as I fitted in SO much yesterday I could have done with the extra hour 24 hours earlier!

Saturday morning saw us get our latest delivery from Riverford Organic, a veg and fruit box delivered each week, yum-such a range of food that we are having to think on our feet a bit and cook meals we wouldn't normally cook (but that is great as we are rediscovering some old and forgotten favourites). Its a great box isnt it?
Then, my parents call round and we all went for a day out near Cirencester. A lady opens her gardnes each year to host an outdoor sculpture exhibition. This year it was glass as the subject. It was a cold, wet day but there was some great pieces, including the glass balloons on her lawn and glass flower seed heads-so clever.

Afterwards, would you believe it, just 5 minutes drive up the road was The Stamp Bugs weekend open event! I had never been to their shop before (the owner was the previous Editor of the Stamper magazine) but it is crammed full of goodies and a make and take and had 10% off all stock and lots of stamps 50% off and some only £1!! Well, I think you can guess what happened next..........


Yep, overdraft came into play again!!!!! The lovely large veggie stamps were only £2 each and the smaller ones £1, so a bargain! I cant wait to have a play (though it has taken over an hour to mount all the unmounted stamps!). My mum bought me the Stamper book, its got some great ideas that I will be experimenting with over the next few weeks-what this space for the results!.

Hope you all had a great weekend and happy crafting

Li'l Pidge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment