Wednesday 29 November 2023

Woyww

Happy What's on your workdesk Wednesday. On my desk this week are my new ankle boots, leggings and gloves! Why? Cos its mending time! 


I have worn the boots a few times and the very white raised barbour label on the front sticks out and i am quite aware of it as i walk alone in the fading lights (sad but true) so, to not make it so obvious i am painting them out with black paint pens (as you do!). I am also sewing (you can see my sewing box on the right) my leggings (i tend to mend them a couple times along the seams before i chuck them!) and also mending my gloves (again). These have been mended a couple times so are my backup/manky days gloves now! 

So, what's on your workdesk? Feel free to share via the queen of desks Julia (https://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/)

Kyla
Kyla

 

9 comments:

  1. I was looking for the white label until i realised it had already been painted out... doh! Some good repairs going on. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know what yo7 mean about the label, I have a really cute pair of boots with bling on the toe cap and I find them horribly distracting! Keep thinking I've dropped something or am about to tread on something important! Good to see the cremating desk is also a mending desk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to just yank the labels off, or cut them if I have scissors to hand, but a Sharpie can be your best friend if blacking out is called for. Amusing MBD this week - whatever makes a romantic bizarre? Ya gotta wonder...
    On the day so YAY!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mending corner . . . sharpies are just the bestest!!
    have a good week
    Christine #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. 🤣. I am the same as Helen looking for the white label! I am all for mending, but one of the dog’s beds needed new stuffing and repairing, so I ordered a new one, normally everything gets repaired at least once. Happy WOYWW. Angela #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny Kyla, I am always sewing my gloves up. If I get a pair that I really like I just can't let them go! Happy creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always worth mending stuff before it has to go on the scrap heap Kyla - well done you. Nice camoflage with the boots. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always quite satisfying to mend things when you can, I do too. Hugs BJ#12

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting items on your desk today! I just bought myself new ankle boots, I've never had them before, and I love them! I spilled a little bleach on my black leggings last week and managed to "fix" them with a sharpie, but they will need another going over. It is a good feeling to mend things, especially the loved items that you don't want to replace! Have a great week, Lindart #16

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment