Wednesday 12 October 2022

WOYWW

 Morning peeps, after a couple weeks off work (went to london for a few days and some day trips too, our first proper break from work since Christmas) we are back on the treadmill.  BUT, I have managed to make a mess of my craft room.


So on my desk, at the back are my intense pencils.  Every year I take part in Inktober, I am a week behind so am quickly playing catch up.  For the past few years I do them on tags (you can see some of the previous years hanging up across the top of my desk)hanging on a ring hook.  I find this easier and doesnt take up too much room.  Also on my desk is an empty coffee jar, I tend to reuse these for preserves, especially the nice Douwe Egberts ones as they have a great vinegar proof stopper.  Years ago I found that after peeling away the labels in a bowl of hot water, the easiest way to get rid of the last of the glue on the glass is to use crafters companion stick away (I used to use WD40 but find stick away less messy). So thats my jar soaking for a few mins before I rub the last of the glue off.

My man Bites Dog cards "devoted fans lost thousands"......mmmm

So, whats on your workdesk this wednesday?

kyla

10 comments:

  1. Fun to hear that you had some time away, It;s good for the soul. I love those tiny little blooms on your desk and of course Mr. Rabbit. I've a thing for rabbits ! (all year round) e are enjoying a much needed rain....was getting dangerously dry with all the field work fires are so dangerously quick burning. And in the country water is not readily available in fields. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a good time in London, nice to go travelling but oh! so much nicer to come home . . . . .
    Coffee jars are wonderful for recycling aren't they?
    Christine #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your days away !! Great pics. Have a good week Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s what is missing from my craft room - a nice potted plant! Now I have had a tidy I think there is room for one 🤣. Take care, Angela #16

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty plant, love the shiny leaves! Good for the working environment too! Liking the sight of the Inktober labels on the string…great to look back on, and v colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the busy desk. Inktense are my favourite pencils. Happy WOYWW, Chrisx #18

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love a busy desk. Your desk certainly looks busy today and the plant is very pretty, I could never find room for it on my desk, I would probably hsave to keep moving it around to whatever space was still available. Sending you best wishes for a very happy woyww, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that you have managed some time away Kyla and hope the treadmill isn't going too fast for you! Enjoy Inktober - I am saving the prompts in case I do a daily drawing next year instead of a journal. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely that you enjoyed London. I miss living in the Square Mile, for sure. I think I need some Stick Away - ever since my large bottle of ... what was it called? ... got confiscated when boarding a plane I have been doing the hot water and perseverance method with little success. I have Inktense blocks, no pencils. Shame - pencils would get used more I'm sure. Ah well...
    Back to being late, but only slightly.
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your London trip looked fun, that's a long time not to have a break. The little lamb reminds me of lambchop, I loved him as a kid. I really must find a use for those inktense pencils I 'had to have' last year!! Great MBD cards this week. Sorry I'm so late, been gardening!! Love n hugs Cindy xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment