Saturday 15 July 2017

Pebble art

 Some of you may know I take part in the Art Abandonment project https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtAbandonment/

This involves leaving art in a public place for someone to find.  There doesn't have to be a reason it is just 'because'.

Since I was in Devon recently and there were loads of pebbles along the coast I decided to paint a few up to abandon.


 I painted this koi carp whilst I was having lunch and left it at the cafe.

This lizard I painted sat on the beach and I left it next to the walkway for someone to find.  

On each pieces (I often leave decorated tags or pebbles as they are small and light to carry) I leave contact details of the facebook group so people can register a find, should they wish.

In the past couple of years I have probably left over 50 projects in various countries and have NEVER heard anything back.  Now I haven't got a problem with that as I don't paint them to get feedback, I paint them to try and bring a moment of joy into a strangers day.

However, this week I heard from a lady who said her young daughter had found my lizard and she was delighted!  I was so pleased to hear that someone found it and liked it.  They only take a few minutes to make and I really enjoy the act of setting them free (and the bonus is it uses up some of my stash)!

If you like the idea why not pop along to see the Facebook group?

Happy crafting
Kyla
 

1 comment:

  1. How fab, am so pleased, however few minutes it takes to let you know, it's still a job to do, so i bet you're thrilled to find the finder! Gives me a buzz for you. Often now I look around more closely when I'm out and about..just in case!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment