Not had much time for crafting or blogging but I was able to have a go at playing with my powertex. First I made sure I covered the table with plastic sheeting and wore an apron and for once I also wore gloves! I know, me, the person who nearly always has messy hands (just have a look at http://lunchladyjansfabricfrenzy.blogspot.co.uk/ that's my hands the lovely Jan used for her title!!)
Next I poured white powertex over the canvas, spread it out leaving some areas slightly thicker to see if it affected how it cracked (it does, the cracks are deeper on thicker layers)
I then sprayed Bister (I remember this as a wood dye my father used to use back in the 70's but powertex sell it as a good way to add colour) and added some splatters too.
I then cut up an empty milk carton to mix some thickener up with the white powertex.
After I dried the canvass with an airgun the cracks started to appear.
I used a pallet knife to apply the thickened powertex and coated some wooden canvas stretchers with it to help it adhere.
I then added some powertex clay balls and started to play with mica's and acrylic inks dribbling and spritzing water to see how they reacted (after all the idea of this was to play and see how the products react).
I also soaked some scrim in water and powertex and scrunched this up (and was REALLY pleased I was wearing gloves-boy is this product messy).
My final piece, not sure if its a cross or a desolate tree after a forest fire (on my mind at the moment, my thoughts go out across the pond to those in Alberta).
Not too sure on the final piece but I do like the depth and texture you can achieve with this product so I know I will be making some more time to play.