Tuesday 10 August 2010

What else now?!

Sorry, but I have not been in the right frame of mind to blog recently, after a reasonably wet weeks holiday after all those lovely hot and sunny weeks we had I thought my luck must be up for a change of direction.

Oh how wrong I was!
lady luck is a fickle mare and seems to be in a bit of a hissy fit with me at the moment! Driving home from work, I noticed smoke coming out of my boot!!! I had to look twice as I couldn't believe what was happening, actual smoke from the boot of the car! Now, I don't smoke, so I quickly pulled over, fearful that my craft bag may be in the boot still!!! But it was ok, it was only work stuff! Phew!

Well, finally I have the car back and its as good as new (easily fixed, but something I could really do without!), so I took a days leave and spent the day crafting!

A day spent applying gesso to MDF coaster blanks, altering stuff, inking (boy, how do you get distress ink off your fingers-they're great products, but good god they stain!), filing down brass watch parts (more of that later) and playing with hot glue guns-finally it feels like I am a bit more human again!!

So, remember those brass parts I was filing down? Well, the microscope slide necklaces that I have been making are now stocked in a art/craft gallery, so fingers crossed that the discerning public realise style and individuality when they see them!

I still have to download the photos of them, but as soon as I have I'll post them on here for you all to see.

Now, after my day crafting I have LOTS of UFO's (unFinished objects), so I'd best get on and finish some of them!!

Happy crafting
Li'l Pidge x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment