Friday 20 January 2017

First batch of Christmas cards!

So, the one thing I try to do each January is to make a start on my Christmas cards using old cards, calendars, wrapping, adverts etc.  I know that if I wait until later in the year I will be too busy making presents and so it wont happen!

I know some people aren't keen on this, but personally I don't like waste and am a big fan of upcycling and reusing rather than landfill.


I start by selecting the images (often only part images) and then sort them by colour group (as it makes it easier to match up backing papers and embellishment by colour).

I also add my own sentiment stamps, glitter and gems and there you have it, my first batch of 9 cards already made!

Off to polish my halo (or at least fetch it out of the huge pile of ironing that its probably be languishing in recently!).

Happy crafting
Kyla


2 comments:

  1. Great idea :D We cut ours up to use as our pressie labels the following year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea :D We cut ours up to use as our pressie labels the following year.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment