Saturday 30 July 2016

Whiskey Money Boxes

 Just a quick update as I realised I hadn't blogged a money box I made recently.

The photos aren't great but basically I use the tin/cardboard tubes from whiskey bottles to create money boxes.  This one was especially poignant as it was the last bottle my father had before his death so I decided to make a money box for my mum.

I start by gesso'ing the tube to create an even layer then add torn papers and emphemera.  I often add a watered down gesso layer to blend everything together adding gems, items of importance, ink dirbbles, stencils etc. 


 I cut a slit to add the money and the sunflowers are torn from napkins with a lady bird added

 I added leather die cut flowers, buttons, the word 'Mum' from metal etc
I then applied several top coats of a spray varnish to protect it all.

Full of sentimental value and made with love

Kyla
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need any more of these - I have a wide range of tubes from Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish which I am intending to Powertex at some point.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment